Sunday, November 20, 2011

Cleaning My Room. or else.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is a hint.  A big blue, green, and ugly hint.


My mother brought these big plastic boxes home from the store a couple days ago and set them outside my door.

I'm sure anyone who is between the ages of six and eighteen has been faced with an angry mother who's "HAD IT" with you dump of a room.  Let's say this, I'm a pack-rat.  I keep everything, knowing that someday I'll surely be able to use it for something.  So the problem is I don't have room in my room for all my accumulated crap.  Really, the vast majority are things for sewing projects- old clothes that I plan to cut up and re-make, mending and alterations for people, fabric fabric fabric, scraps, things I've taken apart, things I'm putting together, sewing supplies, etc.
Basically, there was a tiny path from the door to my bed, from the bed to the closet, and from the closet to the stereo.  Everything else was piled high with junk.  
And yes, of course it was all perfectly organized..... and I knew right where everything was..... mostly.

So I was informed that my room has to be clean by Monday (for those of you who don't know, that's tomorrow), or mom is going to "clean" my room.... Which would be the end of the world.
Her cleaning methods are just weird.  I can't find anything once she's "cleaned it up".. A lot of times this involves big black trash bags.. And honestly, that would probably be better than letting her organize everything!!  She would organize my precious junk out of existence. 
Needless to say, I've been working on my room.  By myself. 

...... So my brother said this was a form of rebellion.  XD  make me clean my room, will you?  Make me organize my junk, will you?  Ok, but I'll make the boxes look the way I want ;)
I've rejected those ugly plastic boxes- too bright, too big, and too plastic.  So I dug up some beat up cardboard boxes that are so much better, so much easier to look at.  And then I doodled on them with sharpies.  

So yeah.  I'll let you know if I still have a room tomorrow.  Or if my parents have possibly kicked me out early  XD  

love,
abbey


No comments: