Wednesday, November 9, 2011

When push comes to shove

Yesterday I went for a three mile run in the rain, and my brother went with me.  I was so tired by the time we were almost home, I was just going to stop and walk the rest of the way.  But my dear brother pushed me.  Literally, he ran behind me and pushed me along for probably ten yards, forcing me to go faster.  And then I was able to run the rest of the way. 
I don't like running by myself because there's no challenge.. even though I really don't think of myself as a "competitive" person, it is soo much easier to run farther and faster when there is someone to compete with... Especially if he's got great endurance and is very strong and has long legs.  Flash is pretty hard to keep up with, and when I feel like stopping, he helps me keep going  :) 

love,
abbey

No comments: