Monday, December 19, 2011

When a vegetarian has to cook dinner

Ok so I'm in the middle of trying to cook a whole stupid chicken for dinner... Not for me of course, for the rest of my family.
I really don't mind handling meat, honestly doesn't bother me.
Problem:  I don't know how to get the freakn bird ready to put in the stupid pot!  It's been de-feathered, be-headed, and pre-cleaned... But what am I supposed to do with it now?? Does that big wiggly awkward neck just stay there?  Even though I can't imagine eating anything that looks so, so, creepy?  Or something like that..  Am I supposed to slice it open?  The guts are out already thank goodness.

So After flopping the big slimy pink headless chicken around on a cutting board and trying to ignore the blooood (am I grossing anyone out yet?  heheh.), and poking and prodding it's pale fleshy skin trying to figure out if I need to do anything to it, I cut off it's neck and threw it in the dumb pot.  Hopefully that was the right thing to do?
 
Kind of like gutting a deer.  Except bigger.. and not really.
That probably would gross some people out.. bit graphic.  Never mind  lol

love,
abbey

No comments: